Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tinnitus

Tinnitus is ringing sound or noise in the ear.
Types of Tinnitus
Two types of tinnitus are described:
(a) Subj ective, which can only be heard by the patient.
(b) Objective, which can even be heard by the examiner
with the use of a stethoscope
The Causes of tinnitus
I. Otologic
A Subjective
• Impacted wax
• Fluid in the middle ear
• Acute and chronic otitis media
• Abnormally potent eustachian tube
• Meniere's disease
• Otosclerosis
• Presbyacusis
• Noise trauma
• Ototoxic drugs
• Tumours of Vilith nerve
B. Objective
• Vascular tumours of middle ear
(glomus tumour)
• Aneurysm of carotid artery
• Palatal myoclonus
II. Non-otologic
• Diseases of eNS
• Anaemia
• Arteriosclerosis
• Hyperiension
• Hypotension
• Hypoglycaemia
• Epilepsy
• Migraine
III. Psychogenic
Treatment
Tinnitus is a symptom and not a disease. Where possible.
its cause shou ld be discovered and treated. Sometime~.
even the treatment of cause may not alleviate tinnitus.
When no cause is found, management of tinnitus includes.:
1. Reassurance and psychotherapy. Many times th .
patient has to learn to live with tinnitus.
2. Techniques of relaxation and biofeedback.
3. Sedation and tranquillizers. They may be needed in
initial stages till patient has adjusted to the symptom.
4. Masking of tinnitus. Tinnitus is more annoying at bed
time when the surroundings are quite . Use of a fan.
loudly clicking clock or a similar device may mask
the tinnitus and help the patient to go to sleep. Use
of a hearing aid, in persons with hearing loss, not
only improves hearing but also provides a masking
effect.
Tinnitus maskers can be used in patients who have np
hearing loss. They are worn like a hearing aid. Use of tinnitus
masker for a short time may provide, in some individuals,
a symptom-free period for several hours due to the.
phenomenon of residual inhibition.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this post. The content is very beneficial and useful. Very informative article.Here my health blog for helping people.causes of ringing in left ear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everyone Here,My Name is Elizabeth Knox, I'm from UK and I was once a Vaginal Cancer patent and tinnitus.Until one day I watched Dr Itua Herbal Remedy on TV Channel on how he uses Herbal medicines to cure all kind of disease, I was very inst rested on his herbal remedy because I was very sick at that moment and I was diagnosed of Brain Tumor and Vaginal Cancer. I took the risk to take his treatment after watching his documentary,I contacted him on Email and explain my situation to him, he kindly told me how it works also how I can purchase his herbal product which I did.A week later the herbal medicines was ship to me through courier service, I drank his herbal medicines for three weeks and I was healed, cured from Brain Tumor/Vaginal Cancer.It was so marvelous even my friends with Breast/Prostate Cancer also contacted this Dr Itua for herbal product and they are all cured as well with Dr Itua Herbal Medicines, I do not how many Sick people are here today or whom are not yet read this. I pray god should let you see this to know there is a wellness for you. He guaranties me that he can cure the listed diseases below______Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphomaIntestinal cancer,Breast Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Brain Tumor,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer  ,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumorsNon-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Wart Removal,Lupus,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancerTesticular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicitySyndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis. Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancerDr Itua Herbal Center Contact,Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or WhatsApp:+2348149277967 

    ReplyDelete